Pregnancy Ticker

pregnant

Sunday, June 7, 2009

8 weeks 6 days -- almost an olive

Tomorrow I will be 9 weeks pregnant. The baby will be about the size of a green olive, but that tiny green olive will have hands, fingers, feet, toes, and will almost have complete eyelids. the baby will also start moving her arms/limbs (or his, depending on if we are having a girl or a boy -- we won't know until 20 weeks).

I'm still up and down with the morning sickness. If I eat regularly (every hour or two) then it seems to be better. And I have to keep up the fluid intake. I'm still down almost 2 pounds from last week, so clearly the new strategy isn't totally successful. Most of the time nothing seems tasty, so I'm eating foods with little taste or smell. Mini bagels with cream cheese seem to work. And in the morning I have been having weetabix with soy milk before leaving the house. That seems to be helping with the morning commute -- esp if I drink an izze drink or a ginger ale on the drive in.

I'm still exhausted all the time too. Yesterday I napped for almost 2 hours while Max was napping and then slept for almost 10 hours but still feel wiped out. I'm still nursing Max right before bed which may need to stop in the interests of me conserving some energy.

I have a checkup tomorrow, so we'll see what the doctor has to say then...

No comments:

Post a Comment