Pregnancy Ticker

pregnant

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 weeks, 1 day

I had my first appointment yesterday. They took a ton of blood to do a ton of tests. I can call today to request the results and they should call back this afternoon to tell me what they have found out. The midwife wasn't very worried about Fifth Disease, but she was worried about the bleeding last week. I have been officially told to be a slug and not to exercise. Depending on the results of the blood tests they may have me come in later in the week to do more blood work. They will also let me know when to do the first scan, based on the results. She said it wasn't worth booking me for a scan at this point because the baby would be too small to really see. Since the booklet I looked at yesterday while I was waiting said the baby is about the size of a grain of rice, that seems wise. But by the end of the week that tiny grain of rice should have a tiny little beating heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment