I had my 17 week checkup yesterday. The doctor's office showed that I have gained 1 pound so far in my pregnancy. My slightly more accurate weigh in this morning showed me to be still 3 pounds down from my pre-pregnancy weight. I had an extra 5 weeks of tracking my weight before they got involved! Either way, that's a fine place for me to be.
The baby's heartrate was good. In the 130s. The baby wasn't very interested in being listened to, but the midwife was able to turn up the volume and hear the heartbeat just fine.
I did ask about my continuing morning sickness and exhaustion. I'm going to try an iron supplement to see if that helps. And if I am still throwing up several times a week when I go in for my next check up they will consider other options.
The midwife asked if I had felt the baby move. I told her I had felt the baby a few times but not on a regular basis. And then last night when I finally got to bed, the punk baby was super active and I could definitely feel it. If Mark hadn't already been asleep I think he could have felt it too.
We have scheduled the next sonogram for August 19th and we should be able to find out if we are having a boy or a girl during that visit. It is late enough in the day that Mark will be able to come to the sonogram with me, so we should both find out at the same time.
And here's some general baby scoop for you:
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-17-weeks_1106.bc
How your baby's growing:Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment