Pregnancy Ticker

pregnant

Monday, October 5, 2009

26 weeks = English Cucumber

Margaret has been kicking up a storm. I'm not sure if she is more active or just has less space. Last night Mark was able to see and feel her kicking. She's also just generally kicking more often during the day. And at night. Pretty much all the time!

We got the "What's in your tummy, Mommy?" book out of the library again. I was pretty stunned to see how big the baby was! I think the fruit thing is a little misleading because the fruit/veggies mentioned are skinnier than the baby. Telling me the baby is 14 inches long is one thing. Reminding me that she is also baby shaped is another all together. I guess I shouldn't have been surprized and I can see that she is taking up a lot of room in my body. But I was still surprized to see the life sized picture!

We also started playing the baby einstein CDs from Tammi again. Last night during dinner we listened to Baby Beethoven. Max seemed to like it, although at first he seemed confused about where the music was coming from.

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-26-weeks_1115.bc
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment