I just had my 34 week checkup. Here is the key info:
I have gained 0.2 pounds in the last week for a total of 18 pounds.
Margaret is now head down and they think she will stay that way.
If I start having contractions in the next two weeks I am supposed to somehow drink more water (I am already supposed to drink a gallon a day and I am getting quite close to that absurd amount most days). But if that doesn't work, then so be it.
If I start having contractions after week 36 then I call the midwife and go to the hospital.
If Margaret comes today, they are not worried about her. They believe she will be just fine no matter when she is born.
My feet and hands swelling is not good, but I do not have high blood pressure so we do not have to freak out. They will keep an eye on that. And I need to spend more time resting and putting my feet up.
I am still not allowed to pick up Max other than to put him in his car seat. At all other times I am to avoid lifting him up.
More rest. Less doing stuff. But no bed rest.
And I guess I should really work on packing up my office just in case! :)
Here is the official scoop:
How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thrilled to read this news!
ReplyDeleteMaybe Meggie flipped from all the water you are drinking!!!
Love the new pics of Max. What a DOLL. Our boys are now little men. How did it happen?
Can't wait to see you in Spring... and have the trio together again.